HCSW/ HCA Immunisation Update Webinar
27th September 2023
A review of the theory and practice of immunisation for those healthcare support workers currently immunising or advising on immunisation in their workplace.
Covers routine adult immunisations – pneumococcal, shingles, COVID-19 and the annual flu vaccine programme for both adults and children.
Meets the PHE recommendations for immunisers annual update.
This 2.5 hour webinar covers the medicines management type content required in the annual update – consent, PSDs, cold chain, safe and appropriate administration of vaccines etc as well as the adult vaccines – flu, pneumococcal and shingles.
- Appropriate use of PGDs and PSDs
- Maintaining the cold chain
- Safe and appropriate administration of vaccines
- Review of both the routine and “at risk” adult vaccination programmes, recommended cohorts and vaccine uptake, including:
- Annual influenza vaccination 2022/23
- Shingles vaccination
- Pneumococcal vaccination
- Q & A session
The bookings for this course have closed.
1:30pm - 4:00 pm