We are always on the lookout for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals and organisations to collaborate with to enable us to deliver our core functions:
Promote the roles and opportunities in Primary Care to people at all stages in their careers; from students in our local schools and colleges through to those still wanting to contribute but with more variety and a reduced commitment.
Expand our clinical placement capacity to enable more students to learn and develop in the primary care setting.
Support our employers to maximise the potential of new recruitment models that bring staff into primary care from non-traditional routes.
Facilitate our people to stay within primary care by creating new career opportunities and enabling them to grow and develop as individuals and professionals.
We are currently looking for:
General Practices to host student nurse and AHP placements.
We appreciate that hosting a student can be a daunting prospect but we are here to support you to develop and grow the future workforce. We will guide you through the process of preparing for a student, taking as much work away from you as possible, letting you enjoy the benefits of that come from hosting a student:
- • Students with primary care experience are more likely to consider a career in primary care.
• Hosting students is known to improve retention of existing staff
• Hosting students impacts positively on the whole team with an increase in critical thinking for all staff.
• Addition of learners to the practice team brings in diversity and differing skills sets
• Enables smaller practices to have a role in workforce development and education
• Opportunity to share students with neighbouring practices if the assessor/supervisor is part time
• Gives HCA’s experience of teaching students, raising their profile as educators
• Students can act as a resource. For example, nursing students can support GPN’s by undertaking designated tasks e.g. dressings, blood pressures, urinalysis, weights.
• Income from the placement tariff payable to the practice
Please get in touch to help us support you if you what to know more.
Please keep checking this page for further opportunities
If you believe that you have something to offer that we can collaborate on for the benefit of primary care then please contact us, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
RCN Podacst on Student Placements
In this three-part audio series for nursing students, Dr Sharon Black, experienced nurse educator and the RCN's professional lead for education and leadership, shares her top tips on nursing placements. From battling nerves and what you need on your first day, to making the most of the whole experience, get stuck in to our student survival guide.
You can listen to the whole series now on Spotify or Apple Podcasts. Or find the episodes on Soundcloud and YouTube